Friday 1 April 2011

Welcome and Chai Tea Latte

So, yes, I have decided that blogging about my kitchen adventures could be a good way to fill some free time, since I've already been cooking and posting photos anyways!  I plan to get out the Canon in the future for taking the photos, but for the time being the iPhone will do just fine!

Lately, I've been been craving the low fat Chai Tea Latte from Starbucks, but since I'm not generally going by any Starbucks between Shelburne and Wasaga Beach, I was excited to come across a recipe that might satisfy my craving! (And as I sit here drinking it, I think its doing the trick!)

Chai Tea Latte at Home

What you'll need:

1/2 cup 2% evaporated milk
1 1/2 cups of water
4 tsps sugar or sweetener
2 individual chai tea bags (next time I make it, I may try three)
1/2 to 1 tsp honey or to taste

What to do:

1.   In a small pot, whisk together the evaporated milk, water, and sugar, over medium heat until it comes to a low simmer.



2.   Add the tea bags and simmer on low for 3-4 minutes.




3.   Remove from heat and remove tea bags.  Stir in honey.  Serve immediately and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...