Thursday 7 April 2011

Rosemary Poached Egg Sandwich - 7 points


A couple evenings ago I decided that if I was actually going to fit into my summer clothes, the gym wasn't going to be enough, and I needed to start to calorie count.  However, I HATE calorie counting.  So I decided that I would try the weight watchers online just to use the point system as a different way to calorie count.  So now all my recipes I'll be posting will include the point values!

This is my favorite, indulgent, breakfast sandwich (and not too bad for points!)

What you need:
English muffin
Egg
Fresh rosemary
Bacon
Tomatoes and other veggies as you like

What to do:
1. Fry 1 slice of bacon per person in frying pan.  Remove from pan when crisp.
2. I use the same pan, with the bacon drippings, for poaching the egg for extra flavor.  Add fresh rosemary to the water while bringing to a simmer.  I am by no means an expert on poaching an egg but ehow gives some instruction.  Poach egg for approximately 3 minutes, or until looks soft cooked.


3. Remove egg with slotted spoon and place on paper towel to absorb the extra water.  Toast english muffin.  Assemble your sandwich with egg, bacon, and tomatoes and any extras you may like (I added spinach - 0 points, and mayo - 1 point.  Cheese is also good and is 3 extra points).


4. Eat and enjoy! (Oh, and have a napkin ready!  They are a bit messy!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...