Saturday 16 April 2011

BST Panani and Bucketlist


In the span of a couple days this week, twice the question came up, "What's on your bucket list?"  Naturally, I always have ideas in my head about what I'd like to do and see, projects to tackle, and new challenges to keep bettering myself.   I decided that this question having come up twice in a couple days was a sign that perhaps was time I actually put this list in writing, so I thought about it while making some lunch the other day. And what better to have for lunch than my favorite kind of sandwich - a panini!  My panini press is a fixture on my counter, right beside the coffee maker.  I was looking for some new ideas to try and came across the idea to use the focaccia bread inside out so I gave that a try. It was a good day!  Bucket list is now in writing, and came up with a new and improved panini idea (I liked it much better inside out as I usually find the focaccia gets to tough when put in the panini press the normal way).  So, what is on your bucket list?

Cheryl's Bucket List

See Sydney Harbour
Stay in an over-water bungalow in Bora Bora
Visit The Netherlands (where my grandparents immigrated from)
Go to the Louvre in Paris and see the Eiffel Tower
Learn to make Hollandaise sauce
Go on a winery tour
Have my cake and eat it too
Learn how to golf
Learn to snowboard
Become a better listener
Master making Pad Thai
Visit Tuscany
Go to Carnival in Venice
Discover zero calorie cheesecake
Visit Hawaii
Finish my cross stitch I started 15 years ago
Skydive
Hike in the grand canyon
Organize all my digital photos
Visit NYC
Learn to take criticism
Learn to accept compliments
Sleep in a castle
Go to a NFL game
Go to the ballet
Make the grass greenest on my side of the fence

BST panini - Bacon, Spinach & Tomato
(okay, and some yummy mozzarella cheese!)

1. Slice open the focaccia and turn inside out to assemble, so the cut sides are outside to get buttered up for the grill, and the crispy outside doesn't get any crispier.  Layer the bacon, cheese, tomato seasoned with pepper, and spinach.  Add some mayo and/or pesto.


2. Butter (or brush with olive oil) the outside of your sandwich and place in panini press (I love my Griddler, but you can also do this in a frying pan with a heavy pan over your sandwich to help press it).






3. Your panini is done when the cheese starts to get all melty and is golden brown!


4. Eat and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...